Chicken with roasted veggies on the side can get a little… well boring… so I am always looking for new recipes to help mix it up! That’s when I found this paprika chicken from the Kitchen Paper and decided to give it a try!
I don’t LOVE thyme so I left it out and tweaked a few things to blend to my pallet. I paired it with some asparagus, because veggies most at dinner time! and Voila! I had a delicious and flavorful meal in just 40 minutes.
Prep Time: 5 – 10 minutes Cook Time: 30 minutes Servings: 2
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 3 Tbsp avocado oil
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 bag baby spinach
- 1 medium white onion
- Mince the garlic, chop the onion, chop ends of asparagus, and chop the spinach if it is large and set aside. (I chop all veggies first before moving to poultry to avoid using two cutting boards)
- Start heating medium sized deep edge skillet over medium with 2 Tbsp oil.
- Clean off any fat from the chicken breasts, sprinkle 1/2 tsp of paprika, salt & pepper on the top sides of the chicken breasts and rub in. Repeat on the other side.
- Place chicken in skillet and let brown about 3-4 minutes. Flip chicken add butter garlic and onions. Let chicken brown 3-4 minutes and mix in garlic and onion.
- Turn down heat and add wine and last Tbsp oil if needed. Bring it up to a gentle simmer and let cook for 20 minutes while it reduces and chicken cooks through. If need be add more wine or chicken stock.
- After 10 minutes heat up another skillet to medium heat for asparagus add cooking spray asparagus and seasoning of choice. I use Mrs. Dash no salt added Garlic mix. Cover stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes.
- After 20 minutes add in spinach until wilted down. Remove chicken to plate, top with spinach, onions, & garlic. Add asparagus on the side.